Life After What I Thought Was Paradise  

Posted by Cybil

Sadly, what we think our plans would be for ourselves do not always get to be followed. We had and will have our chances, but if the situation calls for its demise then it would sorely slip away like water in our bare hands. We really can't do anything about it. We've had our sacrifices; we've had what we thought were the best days of our lives. And when they go, we regret that we decided to place them in our dearest memories because when we reminisce, all those memories turn into shards of broken glass ready to cut us; and injure even our greatest esteem. We breakdown and we find it hard to stand up again because we've spent our whole effort in endeavors that we thought would stay until the end of our journey in life. We have the ability of coming back; yes, it's very possible; but the dilemma in all of it is the choice between being calm and positive or being bitter because all your life all you've done is be positive, yet life has gone to its ends to prove to you that shit will really happen.

There were times that during this little quest of ours we stumble and fall really hard, but we just try to stand up because we could always see a greater happiness. But what if that greater happiness suddenly falls apart because other people of whom you thought were with you in battle suddenly turn their backs and become apathetic of what you might become if this greater happiness crumbles? I guess then will we realize that it is wise to trust only ourselves.

Life has been great, and I know that it will be greater. At this point in time, I know that I cannot see that because of the anger I feel inside. I hope that when that day comes I would find it in myself to forgive, yet not forget because forgetting will only make me relive the nightmares that I had once thought were my greatest paradise.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 11:52 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment